PANTHER'S RUN GOLF CLUB at Ocean Ridge Plantation (800-233-1801)
Myrtle Beach Golf Course Review
Panther's Run is a member of the four BIG CATS at Ocean Ridge Plantation - which includes Lion's Paw, Leopard's Chase and Tiger's Eye. Information on these courses including tee time bookings can be found by calling 800-233-1801 or by visiting their website by clicking on www.big-cats.com. Some of the most recent awards and accolades for Ocean Ridge Plantation golf courses are:
- April 2018 - Leopard's Chase® and Tiger's Eye® were ranked #45 and #51 respectively among all private, public and resort golf courses in the state by Business North Carolina Magazine and The NC Golf Panel. Leopard's Chase moved up 3 positions and Tiger's Eye held firm to its spot from last year.
- April 2018 - Leopard's Chase® and Tiger's Eye® were ranked #11 and #13 respectively among all public and semi-private golf courses in the state by Business North Carolina Magazine and The NC Golf Panel. Both Courses moved up one spot from last year's rankings. They are the two highest ranking public courses in our region!
- April 2018 – Panther's Run joined Leopard's Chase and Tiger's Eye in the Top 50 Courses You Can Play list, debuting at #50.
- April 2018 Leopard's Chase® Golf Club was named by GolfWeek Magazine as among North Carolina's Best Courses You Can Play for 2018. Leopard's Chase® was ranked #10 on this list of the Best Public Courses in NC, moving up one position from 2017
- April 2018 Tiger's Eye® Golf Links was named by GolfWeek Magazine as among North Carolina's Best Courses You Can Play for 2018. Tiger's Eye® was ranked #14 on this list of the Best Public Courses in NC. Tiger's Eye was unranked in 2017.
Lion's Paw and Panther's Run share clubhouse facilities that include a nicely stocked pro shop, Tamer's Bar & Grill (serving lunch and dinner menus), plus locker rooms and showers for men and women. The pro shop has been honored as "Top 100 in the Nation" for 4 consecutive years. The comprehensive practice facility includes a targeted grass range, short game area with sand bunker, plus 2 putting greens.
Both courses provide yardage marking systems that include 100, 150 and 200 yard plates (250 on par fives) and sprinkler heads that are measured to the center of the green. Color coded flags on the greens indicate the day's front, middle or back hole locations.
Panther's Run is a beautiful championship design with open rolling fairways that feature extensive water hazards and strategic bunkers. There are 44 sand traps situated near the immaculately conditioned TifEagle greens or along the landing zones off the tee, and water comes into play in some shape or form on all but 1 hole - the par three 11th (which plays over a considerable sandy waste area).
There are five sets of tee boxes that play to distances and slopes measuring 7089 yards/140 slope, 6706 yards/131 slope, 6267 yards.122 slope, 5546 yards/112 slope for men and 132 for women, and 5023 yards with a 116 slope for ladies hitting from the forward tees. As the slopes indicate, this is a challenging experience from the two back sets, but can be very enjoyable for mid to high handicappers utilizing the 3 front tee areas.
There is a good variety of holes on Panther's Run, allowing most golfers to use every club in their bag - with driver often a good option off the tee. There also are several tricky doglegs that require accurate length and placement. For more info, visit our page for the course, with direct link to their website by clicking here.
Visit Facebook links by clicking on the course names below: